Monday, June 2, 2008

'Escape From Yourself'


Do you ever get tired of following yourself around, day in and day out?
Maybe you need to flee to the sanctuary of God. He's our refuge.
Where God is...there is VICTORY! That's what you're in search of, battling for, or aiming to reach, isn't it?
I know that I am, but sometimes I keep getting in my own way.
The scriptures say, "According to your Faith, be it unto you."
Now I know this backwards and forwards, and all ways in between...but heck no, that doesn't stop me from trying to pave my own road occasionally. And I know a frog's nose about construction. Leastwise, the type I need in my life.
Claim God's help. Claim it today! It requires obedience. Its path is straight and narrow, but it leads directly to His Kingdom, His outstretched arms of mercy.
Draw near to God, not only in prayers for our wants and our needs, but draw near just for the sheer nearness to Him. He'll spread His divine wonder-working power over you. A power beyond our infinite minds.
So jump from your lily pad...jump from the pond you've called home and leap into the arms of the Savior. Escape from yourself with a trusting heart. Victory is only a prayer away.
Pray that your character is chisled in beauty, as only His hands can do. Not the beauty of the world...but the beauty of perfect exhalted Freedom.
Turn loose...'escape from yourself'...if only for a few minutes each day. Escape into the sanctuary of GOD!
I'll meet you there.
Photo taken by 'BUNNY'

4 comments:

Shadi said...

Wow !!! wonderful as always.
Yes ,you are absoloutly right my dear aunt Taylor,
If only we can escape from ourselves for a few minutes everyday…
That would create a sort of strength in our hearts.and it gives us energy,an energy from Heaven,to continue our daily life.just like what fuel does for the engine in the car.

May God be with you each and everyday..
Shadi.

Anonymous said...

I never seem to be amazed by your writing. I have enjoyed this website more than you will ever know and hope that you are doing okay. I am here if you ever need something and hope you know that. Your friendship is a true pleasure.
Recently another friend of mine sent me a poem that I thought you might enjoy. "I wish you enough". I wish you a life filled with just enough good things to sustain you. I wish you enough sun to keep your attitude bright no matter how gray the day may appear. I wish you enough rain to appreciate the sun even more. I wish you enough happiness to keep your spirit alive and everlasting.
I wish you enough.
Love,
Frank

Helen Taylor Little said...

Shadi,
You are so wonderful for my ego, my dear niece. Thanks for your response.
Hope you make time for yourself and God to sit a spell with each other every day. There's no better company! And no better teacher and Father.
May He keep your soul singing like a nightingale.
You are a treasure...

Helen Taylor Little said...

Frank,
How delightful to hear from you! I didn't know you followed my blog. My heart thanks you. My soul leaped for Joy.
This blog has blessed me with a terrific sampling of God's Peacemakers. A blessing that has enriched my life.
The poem sounds Irish, but beautiful no matter its origin.
Ditto...I'll always be here for you too, come rain or come shine.
You and Wade are wrapped securely in my prayers.
God bless...
With love,
Taylor