Friday, October 19, 2007

'Choices'

Many say we chose this homosexual lifestyle for ourselves. Are they crazy???????? Duh! Do they really believe we'd choose to be ridiculed and scorned?
We have many choices to make in life...and I'm here to tell you, being gay/lesbian isn't something I chose. It's who I am.
I fought against it...tried to be something that I wasn't. But you can't be what you aren't; no more than a 'straight' person can switch teams.
But I have chosen to make the best of my life.
My present choices determine the type of memories I create. I've chosen to seek out goodness and truth.
I've made some tough choices that I wouldn't wish on anybody, but only because at the time I thought it was the right thing to do.
Sometimes when we try to do what some clerics say is the Godly thing to do, not only do we hurt ourselves, but others too.
We're so segregated. Gay churches, gay resorts, gay nightclubs, gay cruiselines, gay bookstores, gay restaurants, etc., etc..
I pray I live long enough to see unity and acceptance. United in the transforming power of God's love.
Thank God, Ellen DeGeneres has pushed some doors down and folks have gotten to see that we're not perverts. Heck, once they get to know us, they find we're just like them. With the exception of one thing.
So you might ask, "If you didn't choose to be homosexual, then who did?" And that's where the battle begins. I can tell you from now until the cows come home that I was born this way. Yet many will argue til they're mad as h_ll that I must be out of my mind. God wouldn't make that sort of mistake.
We're not mistakes. God doesn't make mistakes. But the Bible says, you say. I read my Bible daily. God is precious to me. I choose to worship Him. He guides me my life; however like a little child, I sometimes stray from the yard.
I wish more ministers of God would practice what they preach. God is Love. Far more divine, compassionate, forgiving and loving than my mind can go near. He's my CHOICE...and He Chose Me.
There's a dawning of choices in life.
May the healing, guiding, prospering power of divine love be one of the choices you make.
Fee Amanillah - God be with You...

2 comments:

Shadi said...

i'll send u a mail about this issue.its a little bit personal.

Lynnette said...

i can't imagine someone actually writing what my heart feels!

sometimes i doubt my love for God when i look at the closet i'm hidding in.

if i seriously had a choice in the way my sexual orientation.. i'd choose to follow what Christian orthodoxy preaches. But who am I kidding here?! The only choice in the whole thing is the choice to repress the feelings. And beat yourself up in feeling those emotions and passions.

Thanks for this blog.
I'm still trying to figure out what i really want to do with this "choice".. But reading your thoughts.. helps .. a way or another.. as a sounding board of some sort.. keep writing!