Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Cosmic Kinship

The following is a discussion I began with The Best Religion Group @ Shelfari.com

Friends fill the sky of our lives with stars. For friends are made from stardust, more brilliant and more valuable than gold.
Beneath a dome of friendship, we glow with God's Universal Power and Love.
From love comes Peace; the ultimate goal for all of humanity. ( Or at least it should be.)
'''Friendship promotes peace,"' as a dear friend of mine said. How very true his words. It's a giant leap towards our desired goal.
We receive a great deal more than we give. By giving thanks for a little, we find a lot. And that brings about gratitude. It has been said that a person is defined by their attitude towards gratitude. Gratitude unlocks life's riches. It turns a stranger into a Friend. It makes sense of the past and illuminates the future.
We are all children of the King (God)...and that makes us all, either a Prince, or a Princess. Members of God's Royal Family.
In this week of our nation's Thanksgiving celebration, let's remember the gifts of Friendship we share around the world.
To all my Prince and Princess Friends, those made, and those yet to make,"Thank you for making my life brighter.
"This little light of mine, I'm gonna let it shine." Shine on cosmic kinship...
Happy Thanksgiving!

6 comments:

Deb said...

I hope you have a wonderful thanksgiving! Thank you for the encouraging message!

I gotta check out your new book! Congratulations!!! Are you excited? Have you done press releases for it yet?

I gotta see if you advertised it on your site. You're going to put an icon up for everyone to click on, right? I didn't see it....

Helen Taylor Little said...

After reading your note, I immediately checked out your blog. 'Let me go on and on'...rhymes with me own heart, Deb. You're a single candle lighting thousands of others, without diminishing a speckle of yer own light.
I not only enjoyed your words but found courage and significance sprinkled on every thought. You've used all the right seasonings for your context. Your inner light glows. You're being used as God's instrument and you strum to the beat of my heart. We have similar quests. So nice making your aquaintance.
Glad you stopped by and visited. Hope you won't be a stranger.
Thanks for viewing my blog and for your kind message.
I'd be a giant liar to say I'm not excited about my new book...but I'm as nervous as a turkey @ Thanksgiving. But my words most be chewed or they'll loose their tail feathers and turn to dust.
Hope you'll give my book a go and see if my message comes through.
The message that God loves all of us...is hidden in my adult fairytale.
I'd love to have you as a friend, so I'm keeping the front porch light on for you.
A Blessed Thanksgiving to you and yours, Deb!
Peace and Light,
Taylor

Deb said...

Taylor,

The porch light is more than I even expected. Thank you. You're such a warm, compassionate soul, and I really appreciate your welcoming... so Happy Thanksgiving, and I will definitely be back to read all of your encouraging words, thoughts and opinions that you have to offer.

You're an incredible writer, but most of all, you seem like an incredible person I would love to get to know!

Peace & love,
Deb

Shadi said...

You are right Tylor,
Very true ideed.friendship is such a gold that can never be found but in the depth of our hearts.
In our hearts it dwells and shall remain…
Iam going to participate in Thanksgiving Day this year with u, although it is not part of my national culture .
I am going to celebrate it with u and other friends all around the world.As I do believe each of us are different parts of one divine body. In Iran there is no day called Thanksgiving Day. People would miss such a valuable opportunity .but iam going to add it to my own culture. This year I'll thank god for all the pains and wounds that I'd experienced last year.they really made me wiser.i'll also thank God for having YOU as a friend and my dearest Aunt  . you are a gift to my life. I appreciate u from the bottom of my heart…

From a land far away
Fee Amanillah

Helen Taylor Little said...

Hi Deb,
Careful, you'll make my head swell. But don't stop...
It's been said that we attract what we are inside.
Ditto. I'd love getting to know you better. Perhaps we can take a walk together through cyberspace from time to time and share tales. Only we'll pretend it's a lovely garden full of God's magnificence. The Rainbow Garden.
Thanks for being so kind and generous with your words.
Would you honor me with your friendship?
Peace and Light,
Taylor

Helen Taylor Little said...

Shadi,
You are such a dear. Having you as a part of my family broadens my horizons. Being your adopted aunt feels right. Like the sun @ dawn, you brighten my day.
You're a treasure who deserves much happiness. Follow your dream.
Remember...I keep you tucked in my prayers.
Peace and Light,
Aunt Taylor