Friday, November 23, 2007

May I have this dance?

Voltaire said..."Let us read and let us dance...two amusements that will never do any harm to the world."
Christian music has changed so much since I was a kid. It's now got a beat that invites you to dance. I think God loves to witness us praising His name, not only with Joyful words, but Joyful feet, too. The body moving in harmony as we celebrate His word.
Exodus 15:20 - Miriam led the women with timbrels and dancing.
II Samuel 6:14 - David danced with great abandon before God.
God's gotten a bad rap, totally undeserved. Our Father loves to see His children being Joyful.
I don't think it's possible to dance and feel sad at the same time.
I don't know why folks try to make God seem so stern all the time. Sure, He commands discipline, but you can be disciplined and have fun at the same time. Just no rampaging like a crazy bull.
Put on some Anne Davis with her encouraging lyrics or Connie Scott's infectious melody, both of heavenly quality.
And...may I have this dance?

2 comments:

Deb said...

I've always had a hard time listening to Christian music. It was too corny or just didn't rub me the right way. Didn't make me "move" as I would if it had a great beat, as a lot of them do today. To praise and worship Him is the greatest feeling. I write Christian music, and when I do, I try to incorporate some upbeat alternative flares to it, so I can bear listening to it. Sometimes it's a cross between a real love song, and a Christian song...so it can be taken in different ways.

Hope you're doing well!

Helen Taylor Little said...

Dang Lady,you write music too?!
You're blazing with talent. Got all them endorphins and seratonin dancing together on the inside. Soft words and a soft heart; no wonder God stops by your place several times a day.
I'd fancy you'd write beautiful music. Can I purchase a song of yours? If so, where?
Doing great today, thank you very much.
Getting ready to head to the gym and jump in the pool afterwards.
Grab your partner and join me.
Peace and Light,
Taylor