Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Strangers Come Into Our Lives For a Reason



Through the eyes of a stranger...


Have you ever felt the fire in a stranger's caress? It wasn't an earth-shaking hug, but you felt an automatic connection spring from the wells of your heart.
Did Jesus, Himself, just hug you through the arms and eyes of a stranger? Can't be, you say. He'd never come to me.
But in my opinion, you'd be wrong. For I've received many of just such hugs, and knew, almost instantly, I'd been embraced by our Savior.
Perhaps, He's used you to to deliver a heavenly hug to a stranger.That idea, in and of itself, can't help but make you feel special.
And SPECIAL You are!
I have a friend who once was but a stranger, but the gold that glistened in her eyes drew me in. I knew those were the eyes of Jesus I was looking into and I lowered my eyes in reverence.
It was the gift of encouragement my heart had been asking for. It helped me abandon the pain of many yesterdays. It whispered that our past can no longer block the way of our hearts. This stranger, my winter rose, although without words said, "You can change your tomorrow, if you seek your dream today.
Always seek the opportunity for a hug. Either you, the receiver or both of you will be blessed...same as my winter rose.
For as Mother Teresa once said: "In the final analysis, it's between you and God. It was never between you and them anyway."
Yes...you can trust me on this. Strangers come into our lives for a reason.
God bless.

2 comments:

Michetta said...

Thank you so very much for your post. I truly believe that strangers cross our paths for a reason. That is why I don't take encounters for granted. You never know why you were sent that person. Thanks so very much.

Helen Taylor Little said...

Thanks Michetta for your kind words and for visiting. I post twice each week. Hope you'll drop by again soon. I'll have tea and cookies ready, since we're now two strangers that crossed paths via cyberspace.
God bless.
Peace and Light,
Taylor